Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. Scratch that… Brunch is definitely my favorite meal of the day. But either way, these muffins should be the star of your next
breakfast brunch celebration.
Brunch is just so comforting and relaxing. I love to just wake up in the morning, not in a rush to go anywhere, and just sit and eat a nice leisurely meal. And these muffins would ensure that I take my time. So delicious, you just want to savor each and every bite!
These are so easy, delectable, AND healthy. Not only do they have an oatmeal streusel topping, but they are also 100% whole wheat. But they are NOTHING like those dry, tasteless bran muffins they make at the health food store. They are perfectly moist with a hint of sweetness! Not to mention, packed with antioxidants!
And did I mention they were virtually fat free? No joke….they are.
You will not be disappointed you made these. Perfect for lazy sunday morning brunch’s or a perfect grab and go breakfast option!
Adapted from Alton Brown
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 heaping tablespoons of oats
- 3 heaping tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 – 6 oz. container non-fat organic blueberry greek yogurt (I used Oikos)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 12 oz whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup wild blueberries, fresh or frozen*