Five Days of Cookies!!
Day Three is underway, and today’s cookies if FULL of chocolate! I love chocolate (especially cookies) so I wanted to make one of the cookies be very rich and full of dark chocolate flavor. So that’s what I did!!
I adapted a regular chocolate chip recipe to create this decadent cookie. These are perfect for an afternoon snack with coffee or just an after dinner treat with a full glass of milk. Bonus points if you dip the warm cookies in milk!
And feel free to add some leftover mascarpone cream to the tops of these cookies before enjoying. The mascarpone and chocolate flavors complement each other nicely!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2.5 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1.25 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.75 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1.33 cups bread flour, sifted
- 0.5 cups dark cocoa powder, sifted
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.25 teaspoons baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips