What you see before you is my preparation for my birthday week! Although my birthday week has come to a close, these pancakes were just too good not to share!
These pancakes would be perfect for any sort of celebration or family get together. And in my book, sprinkles make EVERYTHING better! They are great on their own and have a touch of sweetness already, so you don’t really need syrup. Just a sprinkle of blueberries and you have yourself a delicious breakfast for a special event.
Like most of my ideas lately, this was a Pinterest inspiration. But I was sold on the idea from the start!
Sprinkles + Pancakes + Breakfast = I must make these today!
I’m not going to lie, these took a bit more preparation than the typically pancakes, but the resulting product was well worth it! And for the record, no these are not healthy. But everyone deserves a little celebration breakfast even now and then! I currently have an entire batch in my freezer so I can take a couple out whenever I feel like making breakfast a little more special.
Recipe adapted from Pennies on a Platter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, heaping
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup butter, very cold and cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1.5 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles